As announced earlier last week, MSI has kicked-off their annual OC competition. The first up in this years edition are as usual our fellow overclockers from the America’s continent (North and South). They will be later followed by Europe (EMEA) and APAC later after Computex.
MOA 2012 Americas
The Americas online qualifier (as everything is online this year) will be hold on HWBOT through the BOT’s competition engine. This highly robust infrastructure on witch massman is now working for years will give to these online selection the best score submission background that has ever been used for the MOA.
MOA 2012 Americas – Benchmarks, Rules and Limitations
As announced in our last post on the MOA, the benchmarks, rules and hardware limitations for the MOA Americas are as following:
- 3DMark11: 60 – 43,2 – 38,4 – 36 – 33,6 – 31,2 – 28,8 – 26,4 – 24 – 21,6 – 19,2 – 16,8 – 14,4 – 12 – 9,6 – 7,2 – 4,8 – 2,4 – 0 – 0 – …
- 3DMark03: 25 – 18 – 16 – 15 – 14 – 13 – 12 – 11 – 10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 0 – 0 – …
- SuperPI 32M: 15 – 10,8 – 9,6 – 9 – 8,4 – 7,8 – 7,2 – 6,6 – 6 – 5,4 – 4,8 – 4,2 – 3,6 – 3 – 2,4 – 1,8 – 1,2 – 0,6 – 0 – 0 – …
- Only use motherboard manufacturered by MSI.
- Only make submission with a MSI videocard.
- Use 1 videocard core(s) in total.
- Use 1 processor(s).
- Only members of North America, Latin America may participate
- employee (either full-time or part-time) of any motherboard manufacturers is not eligible for the contest.
- participance is according to the participant’s nationality. Ex: a citizen of Canada can only participate at the America Region Qualifier.
- Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.
- A verification screenshot is required.
- A verification link is required.
- Must use official competition background: click
- Not allowed: engineering samples, Lucid Virtu MVP, hardware that is not commercially available at the beginning of the competition
- Screenshot must contain: CPU-Z CPU tab, CPU-Z mainboard tab, CPU-Z memory tab, GPU-Z (if 3D benchmark), benchmark (subtest) score(s) and settings, official MOA background
HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject any submission with no prior warning. HWBOT and MSI will not go in discussion regarding the final ranking of the competition. Any decision by the competition organiser is final. HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to request full explanation on how a benchmark score was obtained. If the participant refuses to provide full explanation or the explanation does not prove to be sufficient, HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject the score.
MOA 2012 Americas – How to join?
First, go here: HWBOT MOA Competition page
To join the Americas MOA selection it is pretty simple. Since the competition is hold on HWBOT, you will of course have to own an account on site. Then simply go to this page and take part to the competition by clicking on “Participate Competition” button at the top of the page.
MOA 2012 Americas – Schedule
MSI will be giving from today on, exactly 27 days to complete the qualifications submissions on the BOT. Note also that on May 4th, there will be the sandbagger algorithme kicking in to make sure people to retain scores. Due to this from that date on to the end, only the top 15 overclockers ranked at that time will be able to continue the selections.
Reminder of the key dates:
- Start: April 13th, 6AM GMT+2
- Elimination: May 4th, 6AM GMT+2 (top-15 overall continue)
- End: May 11th, 6AM GMT+2
MSI 2012 Americas – Good Luck
We are wishing good luck to all our below overclocker friends from the south and north of Anerica in these qualifiers. Play fair and by the rule and may the best overclocker win. Remember! only three tickets are available for Taipei, so hit the top 3!
We have been trying to get to record a video interview with the MSI crew behind the MOA but got declined, so we will try the written approach as they may be less shy on the keyboard. Hopefully we will get more valuable answers to the many questions that are left in suspend on the various forums and overclockers minds out there.
Source : HWBOT MOA Competition page