This Saturday, June 30th, for the first time Gigabyte and Corsair will gather the best Brazilian Overclocking Teams to battle each other starting at 10:00 AM (GMT-3) in São Paulo – Brazil.
Extreme Overclocking Contest this Saturday in São Paulo
Organized with the help of the famous Brazilian Overclocker RBUASS, this contest will bring some top hardware to the hands of three members of each invited team. The rules were written carefully to make the contest interesting from the beginning until the end.
The Hardware put into test by the teams will be:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
- CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
- VGA: Gigabyte GV-N56G-OC-1GI Rev2.0 GeForce GTX560
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz
- SSD: Corsair NOVA 60gb
- PSU: Corsair TX 850 V2
Schedule (GMT -3)
- 10:00AM: opening ceremony
- 10:30AM: hardware checking
- 11:00AM: assembling (insulation, modding, etc)
- 12:30PM: lunch break
- 1:00PM to 3:00PM: 2D Stage (Super Pi 1M and Wprime 32M, the contestants can run them in any order they want until the end of this stage)
- 3:00PM to 6:00PM: 3D Stage ( 3Dmark03 and 3Dmark11, as on the 2D stage, the teams are free to choose the best way to run both benchmarks)
The score method will be quite simple:
in each benchmark:
- 1st – 20 points
- 2nd – 15 points
- 3rd – 10 points
After that a benchmark factor will be applied:
- 3Dmark11 – 35%
- 3Dmark03 – 30%
- SuperPI 1M – 20%
- Wprime 32M – 15%
The confirmed teams are:
- Criminal Cafe Team: members: Eder13, Raul SDT and wellingthon02
- Fusion Team: members: Baruk, colosso do ceara and TJB_SC
- I2I3 Overclocking Team: members: cleitonschenckel, jacsonshenckel and mariovmn
The official publication at Gigabyte’s website says that there will be a live streaming link, but no further information was released up to now. Link (in Portuguese): http://br.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=-18
Besides the 3 warriors of each team in the contest, it will be allowed up to more 5 members of each team to be there just to cheer, they will not be allowed to help their teammates. So 22 Brazilian overclockers are expected to join this contest, competing, cheering or judging. There will be everything needed to have a great overclocking party this Saturday in Brazil.
It will be the second live contest held this year by Gigabyte and Corsair in Brazil (the first one was a individual contest held at Campus Party Brazil), we hope that more companies starts to see how the overclocking community is growing fast here and starts to make some great events like this more often.
Just to tease the contestants
Like happened in the latest two Gigabyte contests here in Brazil, I’m the one in charge of flashing the same BIOS and installing and setting up the same OS to every kit. So here goes a small picture of some of the hardware that those guys will be overclocking this Saturday:
I expect to have lots of fun there!!